Friday, April 24, 2009

No news is good news?

Things are pretty quiet on the "moving to Japan" front right now. I think our main focus is on the upcoming wedding at the end of May and graduation before that. However, J is mailing his packet today to officially accept the position in Japan.

Something we did find out since my last blog is that J will be leaving at the beginning of August, but I won't be able to come until about two weeks later. That isn't exactly what we had been planning, so it put us in a tailspin for a few minutes, but we've both accepted there is nothing we can do about the situation for now. For now, it appears I will be flying off to Japan sometime in the middle of August. We have to buy plane tickets soon! Right now prices for one-way tickets in August are upward of $600. Not as much as I was expecting.

-maria

2 comments:

  1. wow. that's really not bad for flying all the way to Japan. Interesting. What airline do you plan to fly?

    I'm really looking forward to tuning in to your blog once you're actively moving over there and after you've gotten settled. I hope to hear some cool stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maria! revolutionaire sent me the link to your blog since we are Sparks pals. Good luck in your move! It's so cool that you're moving to Japan, my best friend and I were just looking into visiting Japan eventually. Now I'll know someone, well sort of. lol

    ReplyDelete